Planning & Development Resource Library
The planning policies listed on this webpage are published in compliance with s. 638.2 of the Municipal Government Act.
Municipalities enact statutory plans to guide future development and to facilitate local planning. A statutory plan must meet requirements for public notification or engagement, and is adopted by County Council bylaw. Statutory plans include:
This document outlines a comprehensive vision for the County addressing the type of development that is desired and some of the important characteristics of the area that members of the community feel are worth preserving and protecting.
Intermunicipal development plans outline how municipalities will work together, and address areas of mutual concern.
An Area Structure Plan (ASP) is a statutory plan, adopted by Bylaw which provides a framework for redesignation, subdivision and development of an area of land.
The Land Use Bylaw (LUB) is a regulatory document that governs what development or uses may be permitted on a piece of property depending on that property's zoning.
Click to view:
Click to view additional Planning bylaws:
- Bylaw 1103 – Municipal Subdivision Authority
- Bylaw 1124 – Delegate the Authority to Grant Time Extensions on Subdivision Approvals and Registration
- Bylaw 1257 – Oldman River Regional Services Commission
- Bylaw 1392 – Development Authority Appointment
- Bylaw 19-026 - Chinook Intermunicipal Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
Non-statutory policies may include plans, guidelines or other policies that can be used to guide planning and development. They may be used, along with applicable statutory plans and bylaws, in making planning decisions. Non-statutory policies may be adopted by County Council, or by County Administration.
Click the links to view:
Click the links to view:
- Engineering Guidelines
- Malloy Drain Master Drainage Plan
- Policy 310 - Approach Construction Guidelines
- Policy 350 - Traffic Information Sign Requests
- Policy 351 - Designated Haul Routes
- Policy 352 - Road Use
- Policy 402 - Shaughnessy Non-Hamlet Resident Water
- Policy 403 - Iron Springs Non-Hamlet Resident Water
- Policy 404 - Local Improvements Water Wastewater Installations
- Bylaw 862 – Airport Vicinity Protection Area
- Bylaw 1139 – Establishing the Prerequisites for Operation a Business within the Lands of the Lethbridge County Airport
- Bylaw 1264 - Regulate Storm Water Drainage
- Bylaw 1312 - Water
- Bylaw 1313 - Wastewater
- Bylaw 1348 - Municipal Addressing
- Bylaw 1402 - Unsightly Premise
- Bylaw 1405 - Dog Regulation & Control
- Bylaw 1406 - Noise Bylaw
- Bylaw 1453 - Highway Protection
- Bylaw 17-008 - Animal Control Bylaw
Click the link to view current fees for Planning and Development: