The municipal election will be held on Monday, October 18, 2021.
- Nomination Period: January 1, 2021 to September 20, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
- Nomination Withdrawal Deadline: September 21, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
- Advance Voting Days: TBD
- Election Day: Monday, October 18, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Official Election results announced: October 22, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
- Last day to apply for a Judicial recount: November 8, 2021
** As no candidates have filed nomination papers for Division 5 in the Lethbridge County municipal election, the nomination period has been again extended to Thursday, September 23 from 10:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Nomination papers must be filed at the County’s Lethbridge office (#100, 905 4 Avenue S.). Visit view the menu below to download nomination papers or for more information on the 2021 municipal election.
Map of Division 5:
Please view the menus below for more 2021 Election information:
** As no candidates have filed nomination papers for Division 5 in the Lethbridge County municipal election, the nomination period has been again extended to Monday, September 27 from 10:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Nomination papers must be filed at the County’s Lethbridge office (#100, 905 4 Avenue S.).
Candidates that have filed nomination papers:
According to Section 47 of the Local Authorities Election Act, a person is eligible to vote in an election held pursuant to this Act if the person:
- is at least 18 years old;
- is a Canadian citizen;
- resides in Alberta and the person's place of residence is located in the local jurisdiction on election day.
Click the link for more information: Voter ID Requirements
More information on voting station locations will be added soon.
Remember to bring proper identification with you to the voting station. Click the link for ID requirements: Voter ID Requirements
The Nomination Period for the 2021 Municipal Election is January 1, 2021 to September 20, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. Lethbridge County began accepting Nomination forms on January 4, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
Click the link to view: 2021 Local Election Nomination Period Notice
Click the links to view:
- 2021 Nomination Package- contains information on how to submit a nomination form, campaign disclosure requirements, Councillor roles and responsibilities, etc. This is an important document to read prior to submitting your nomination papers.
- Q&A with Lethbridge County CAO- So, You Want to Run for Council- contains information on what to expect if you are elected as a Councillor
- Videos from Rural Municipalities of Alberta/Alberta Urban Municipalities Association
- The joy of community-building: Why you should run for office
- One vote, many voices: Skills councillors need
- Decisions, decisions!: What I wish I know before I was elected?
- Timing is everything: Time commitment of being a councillor
- The learning never ends: tips for getting up to speed as a councillor
- Knowing your role: Governance versus administration
- Mayors and reeves: What's their role?
- Media Relations: tips for engaging with media
- Communication is Key: Communicating with residents and balancing priorities
- 2021 Local Election Information from the Province of Alberta
- Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA)
- Alberta Jobs, Economy and Innovation has developed a video on Economic Development for Elected Officials
- Legislation and Policies
- Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA)
- Municipal Government Act (MGA)- the MGA is the primary legislation that governs municipalities
- Lethbridge County Policy #166- Use of Municipal Resources for Election Campaigns
For more information, call (403) 328-5525 or click the link to send an e-mail: E-mail for Election information