Information for Businesses:
- Business/Industrial Parks in Lethbridge County
- Commercial/Industrial Municipal Tax Incentives
- Economic Impact of Lethbridge County Agriculture Report - 2023
- 2018 Lethbridge County Business Retention and Expansion Survey Report
- Agri-processing Investment Tax Credit Program (Government of Alberta)
- SouthGrow Regional Initiative Cost-Benefit Analysis of Alberta Rural Broadband Deployment
- Digital Services Squad - Community Futures Lethbridge Region (free 1-on-1 support for small businesses to assist with digital marketing)
Lethbridge County is in the fortunate position of being able to build on our strengths to support existing industry, while also moving forward by embracing new developments in agriculture, alternative/renewable energy, and transportation.
Agriculture has evolved exponentially in recent decades, with technologies that make agriculture more efficient, more productive, more scientific and less risky. High-quality agricultural research facilities are located here: the Agricultural Research Station, the University of Lethbridge and Lethbridge College.
Bio-industrial development and agri-food processing are finding success here, as well.
Lethbridge County has a well-developed transportation infrastructure including road, rail and air transport, as well as plenty of available land along each for further development. The CP Rail Yard at Kipp is operating at almost full capacity and growth is rapid at Transmark Ltd. rail facility at Wilson Siding. The Lethbridge Airport offers air services such as passenger operations, flight school, aerial spraying operations, and more.
The County has developed a vibrant commercial/industrial sector. These businesses are concentrated in the County’s industrial parks: Broxburn, RAVE, Stewart Siding, Taylor, and Duncan.
Lethbridge County is in an enviable position of having a strong local economy on which to build. With agriculture, energy and transportation all being economic sectors that will never become obsolete or unnecessary (although the technologies will continue to evolve and change), the County is well-positioned for sustainable, profitable growth for its businesses and citizens.
Employment opportunities are available in many areas including agriculture, manufacturing, service, retail and professional services.
If you would like more information on Economic Development opportunities in Lethbridge County, please contact us:
Toll-free North America: 855-728-5525