Lethbridge County, the City of Lethbridge, and neighbouring communities are currently facing a shortage of family physicians, nurses, and paramedics, limiting primary care for residents. The County is working with our regional partners, including the City of Lethbridge to address this shortage through physician recruitment and retention.
Please use the menu below to learn more about Lethbridge County and why sunny Southern Alberta is a great place to live, work, learn, and explore!
In Lethbridge County, you can live a rural lifestyle while being close to the convenience and amenities of a larger city.
We are a rural municipality that surrounds the City of Lethbridge (pop. 100,000+) and several other smaller towns and villages. Calgary is just a 2-hour drive north, and the mountains and US border are about an hour away.
Compared to many other municipalities in Canada, Lethbridge County and the City of Lethbridge offer a lower cost of living. Home ownership is more affordable here, and quality of life is considered to be high.
Excellent Education System
There are several schools for K-12 students in Lethbridge County, the City of Lethbridge, and surrounding towns. Lethbridge is also home to two leading post-secondary institutions, the University of Lethbridge and Lethbridge College.
Endless Recreation Opportunities
Fill your spare time with hiking, skiing, weekend road trips, or take in all that our area has to offer! You'll find lakes, golf courses, festivals and parades, farmers markets, and so much more right in your own backyard. Here are just some of the recreational opportunities the area has to offer:
- 70 parks
- 234 km of walking and biking trails
- 4 lakes and reservoirs for swimming, fishing, boating, kayaking, canoeing, wind surfing, etc.
- 9 campgrounds
- 14 pools and arenas
- 10 arts and culture facilities
- 198 golf holes within a 45-minute drive
- 220 ski runs within a 2 hour drive
- Our region is well-known for sunshine - we have some of the highest sunlight hours in all of Canada!
- You can find locally-grown and produced food at restaurants in the area, or purchase it at many local grocery stores
- The sense of community is strong in Southern Alberta - there are many community organizations and associations throughout Lethbridge County that host regular events, workshops, etc. where you can connect with your neighbours
- The Chinook winds provide us with some of the most moderate winters in Western Canada
- Palliser School Division
- Lethbridge School Division
- Association of Independent Schools & Colleges in Alberta
- University of Lethbridge
- Lethbridge College