A Fire Restriction is currently in effect. Fireworks permits will not be issued until further notice.
A permit is required to discharge fireworks.
Apply for a permit using the form at the bottom of the page. Submit permit applications at least 14 days in advance of the date you wish to discharge your fireworks.
- Guidelines for low-hazard consumer fireworks
- Under the regulations of Lethbridge County and the Alberta Fire Code, fireworks can be discharged in Lethbridge County but cannot be sold.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and be the owner of the property where the fireworks will be discharged or have written permission from the property owner. You must also have written permission from adjacent property owners.
- You cannot discharge fireworks during a Fire Restriction or Fire Ban.
- You must obtain a permit from Lethbridge County. Apply at the bottom of this page.
- Consumer Fireworks Safety
|Low level||No charge|
|High hazard (includes pyrotechnics)|
* requires a fire safety inspection
Click to view: Schedule of Fees
|$66 per half hour|
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Click to download a fireworks permit application: Lethbridge County Fireworks Application
Once you have all the required documents, please submit them using the form below.