Under the regulations of Lethbridge County and the Alberta Fire Code, fireworks can be discharged in Lethbridge County but cannot be sold. To discharge fireworks, a permit is required. Permits are free of change but conditions apply (please see below).
Please submit firework permit applications at least 14 days in advance of the date you wish to discharge your fireworks.
To legally discharge fireworks in Lethbridge County:
- You must be 18 years of age or older (proof of age is required) and be the owner of the property where the fireworks will be discharged or have written permission from the property owner.
- You must provide the following information to Lethbridge County in writing to begin the permitting process (e-mails are accepted):
- Name of the individual in charge of discharging the fireworks.
- Municipal Address of the location where the fireworks will be discharged.
- The mailing address of the individual in charge of discharging the fireworks.
- The date and time of when the fireworks will be discharged. Example: “July 1, 20XX between 10:00 p.m. and 12:00 p.m.”. Periods longer than 2 hours will not be permitted.
- Phone number of the individual in charge of discharging the fireworks.
- Once this information is submitted, a permit will be started and sent to you for your signature. A copy of the Alberta Fire Code Fireworks Regulations will be attached for your review. Once you have signed it, it must be returned to the Lethbridge County administration office in Lethbridge for further processing. If approved, a County staff member will also sign the permit then return it to you.
- Attached to every permit are the Alberta Fire Code Fireworks Regulations that must be followed by the person in charge of discharging the fireworks.
- Other conditions may apply.
- Fireworks Permits do not include the discharging of High-Hazard Display Fireworks as defined by the Alberta Fire Code. Special permission to discharge High-Hazard Display Fireworks must be granted by Lethbridge County.
To apply for a Fireworks Permit, please submit your information to the e-mail address below:
or mail information to:
C/O Lethbridge County
100 - 905 4th Avenue South