How do I submit a request to Lethbridge County Council?
Lethbridge County Council receives information during their Council Meetings via several different formats.
- Written reports from Administration
- Delegation Presentations from the members of the public
- Discussion deliberations during the Council Meeting
You may submit your request either in writing or by appearing as a delegation during a Council Meeting.
How do I submit my request in writing?
You may submit your request in writing by emailing email@example.com, mailing your request, or dropping your request off in person, to #100, 905 4th Avenue South, Lethbridge, AB T1J 4E4.
Your request must meet the following criteria:
- Is legible and clearly sets out the matter and any financial or other request being made of Council
- Is signed by the writer electronically or otherwise and includes their contact information
What if I want to come and make my request in person?
If you wish to attend as a delegation and make your request in person, you may request, in writing, to speak to Council, and if approved by the CAO, will be placed on an upcoming Council Agenda.
Your request to attend the Council Meeting must meet the following criteria:
- Include a summary of the request that will be presented to Council
- Contact information
- Received by the Executive Assistant no later than 4:00 pm on the Wednesday one week prior to the next scheduled meeting.
Only two (2) individuals representing a group or organization may speak on behalf of the group or organization. You will be allotted 15 minutes to speak, with a question and answer session following your presentation. Should Council members have any questions, they will ask after your presentation.
Your request may not be answered at the time of your presentation. Often, a request requires additional information from Administration. Council will direct the CAO to investigate the request and prepare a report for their consideration at an upcoming meeting.
If your request is time sensitive, it is advised that you submit your request well ahead of any deadlines to avoid any disappointments.
What if I want to submit a petition regarding an important issue in my neighbourhood?
Petitions must be submitted correctly in order to be valid. Click the link to learn more about submitting a petition: Petitions