Recycling trailers are located throughout Lethbridge County. View the menu below for more information on locations and what materials are accepted.
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Recycling Trailer Locations
*Please note that the Picture Butte recycling trailer is on site at all times and are available for public access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Diamond City||Community Hall|
|Iron Springs||Postal Boxes|
|Picture Butte||South of Picture Butte postal box kiosk|
|Shaughnessy||1st Street & Highway 25|
To aid in the efficiency of the recycling process products should be cleaned, flattened, and sorted. Please remove all caps from containers.
Accepted Recycle List
- newsprint and magazines
newspapers (inserts can stay in paper)
comics (printed on newsprint)
all glossy magazines, coupons and paper
white bond paper
- mixed paper
coloured computer paper
envelopes (white or coloured)
loose leaf paper
shredded paper, etc.
- cardboard (flatten boxes)
pasta, pizza boxes
facial tissue boxes
paper towels and toilet paper rolls
brown paper bags
- tin cans (must have label removed and cleaned)
soup and vegetable cans
pet food cans, etc.
- glass jars (labels and lids must be removed)
clear glass jars
- plastic containers (must be rinsed out with cold water, caps removed and flattened)
#2 containers only (look on bottom of jug)
bleach jugs, etc.
separated milk jugs
- empty, rolled grain bags and silage plastic (Iron Springs Transfer Station ONLY) - baler is on-site to roll plastics
- call 403-732-5333 to register for free on-farm pick up of farm plastics
Televisions, computers and peripherals are collected for recycling at the following Transfer Stations:
|Station Name||Phone Number|
For more information on electronics recycling, visit the Alberta Recycling Management Authority website or call 1-888-999-8762 toll free.
The following is a list of products that are NOT ACCEPTED
- waxed cardboard boxes
- milk and juice cartons
- telephone books
- books with glued or wired bindings
- styrofoam (egg cartons, packing chips, etc.)
- plastic bags
- oil and solvent cans
- aerosol cans
- carbon paper
- facial tissue and paper towels
- Christmas wrapping paper
- paint cans
Lethbridge County has been selected by Alberta Recycling for a pilot project of agricultural plastic recycling.
- Silage plastic and bale wrap can be picked up monthly at no charge from your farm by CleanFarms. Call 403-732-5333 to be added to the pick up list.
- The Iron Springs transfer station accepts grain bags, silage plastic and bale wrap for recycling. Plastics must be rolled first, however there is a manual baler conveniently available at the transfer station.
Click the links for more information: