WHAT ARE YOUR BUDGET PRIORITIES?
Lethbridge County Council and administration will soon begin the 2021 Budget process. The County has received input from many citizens and businesses throughout the year and through budget surveys that were completed in 2018 and 2019 with regard to municipal services and projects.
We are once again asking for your input into the next budget.
- First, read the Municipal Budgeting document below for insight into how budget decisions are made and how revenues and expenses are allocated, as well as details on average costs for operational projects such as grading, haul route maintenance, etc. To view the document, please click the link: Municipal Budgeting: Understanding the Budget Process
- Next, provide input on your budget priorities through the 2021 Budget Feedback Form. The information gathered from these forms will be compiled and presented to Council and management prior to budget deliberations. To fill out the feedback form, please click the link: 2021 Budget Feedback Form
2021 Budget Timeline
Budget deliberation meetings will be live-streamed on the Lethbridge County YouTube channel and recordings will be posted on this webpage.
Public input will not be received at these meetings, but citizens are encouraged to watch to see how budget decisions are made.
- Presentation of Operating and Capital Budgets- November 23 and 24
- Budget review- November 30 and December 1 (if required)
- Budget approval- December 3 and 17 (if required)