The people in and around the little community of Iron Springs comprise mostly of Hollanders who came to the area just after World War II.
With the immigration to the area by these Christian Reform settlers, the countryside took on a whole new appearance. Dairies, chicken and pork producers, feed cattle operations blossomed all over the prairie and down into the coulees of the Little Bow River.
Realizing a need, the Christian Reform Board of Home Missions began looking for a pastor who would care for the spiritual needs of these new immigrants.
The official classical recognition of the Christian Reform Church in Iron Springs took place in April 1949.
Iron Springs Christian Reform Church is the highlight and hallmark of the community.