SLGM Offers Training to Prospective Candidates in the October Municipal Election
You must register in order to attend the Training Program. Select the session you want to attend on this webpage from Alberta Leaders Candidate Orientation for Local Government - Registration Form: http://albertaleaders.ca/training-program/training-program.aspx
There is no cost to attend the Training.
If you are interested in running for Council, the SLGM is offering free training to prospective candidates on Monday, September 11, 2017 from 7:00pm-10:00pm in the lower level of the Keg Restaurant.
The Society of Local Government Managers (SLGM), in collaboration with Municipal Affairs, is offering free candidate training for those individuals interested in seeking public office at either the municipal or school board level. Each session provides candidates with useful information and advice on the roles and responsibilities of elected office so they can determine whether it is the right choice for them.
The sessions are designed to help candidates:
- Understand the significance, character, roles and responsibilities of an elected official in local authorities
- Appreciate the significance of and legal obligations associated with local authority office
- Understand the basic requirements of running an ethical campaign
- Develop the understandings that will permit potential candidates to decide whether local authority office is something to which they truly aspire
- Understand the requirements of running well-organized effective campaigns
- Understand rights and obligations of candidates and candidate’s agents with the election administration regime
For more information visit: http://albertaleaders.ca