Functions & Links
- Transfer Station Site Information Brochure 2016
- Hours of Operation
- Regional Waste Management
- Transfer Station Location Map
- Garbage Bin FAQ
Materials Accepted and to be sorted at all Transfer Stations: Coaldale, Iron Springs, Picture Butte and Nobleford
- Yard waste grass and leaves (compost pile), no non biodegradable bags
- Household waste
- Scrap metal
- White goods stoves, dryers, fridges, etc. (see fees above)
- Wood, waste trees, lumber - max. length 6 feet
- Florescent tubes (unbroken)
- Livestock medicine and needles (to be in a sealed container)
- Household paint
- Used oil, filters and oil pails (Used oil collection is not to be contaminated by solvents, antifreeze, etc.)
- Agricultural chemical containers (triple rinsed) preferred tied together
- Computers and components
- Household hazardous waste (compounds must be known)
- Automotive batteries
- Ashes must be bagged or boxed
Additional materials accepted at Iron Springs Transfer Station Only
- Loads of wood larger than a 1/2 ton load as well as large pieces
- Large loads of rubble
- Concrete, stones, construction debris and waste material from building demolition
- Fence wire
- Clean fill
- Burning will only take place at the Iron Springs location. Please follow the instructions of the Site Supervisor for the proper placement in the designated area. Do not ignite your burnable material. This will be done by the Site Supervisor.
Items NOT accepted at any Transfer Station
- Large mixed loads
- Asphalt roofing material
- Treated lumber
- Hazardous waste, other than household waste
- Burning barrels
- Animal carcasses or spoiled meat
- Derelict vehicles (can be taken to scrap dealers)
- Grain, straw or hay
- Silage plastic
Transfer Station Notes of Interest
- All sites are supervised.
- The transfer station operator is required to inspect all waste entering the transfer station and has the right to reject any load that does not meet the above requirements.
- The operator has the right to request that all loads be sorted and put in the appropriate area. Failure to comply may result in ban from transfer stations.
- All items received must be able to fit into compactor and be capable of being handled by the person delivering the item.
- The Lethbridge Regional Landfill will accept most of the NOT accepted items above. It is recommended that you contact them first (403) 329-7367.
- Three ton trucks and all tandem truck trailers must go to Lethbridge Regional Landfill and pay the posted fees.
- When transporting your waste material to the Waste Transfer Stations, please have your load properly secured and covered.
- Your co-operation in the separation of waste material, following instructions of Site Supervisor and signage is greatly appreciated.
Be aware that the Alberta Health Act and the Alberta Litter Act provide severe penalties to those who fail to properly secure loads. Officials indicate this is becoming an increasing problem and action will be taken.
- Rinse for Safety
- Rinse for the Environment
- Rinse for Dollars
- Puncture your Containers
Disposal compounds are provided at all sites. Please triple rinse and puncture your containers at home. Separation of plastics and metal containers, in co-operation with the Site Supervisor on disposal is required.
Remember, the waste management system is your system. With your co-operation we can keep it working effectively.
Removal of recyclable materials from the waste stream is the best way to reduce our volume of waste.
If you would like more information regarding Waste Transfer Station for the County, please contact:
Supervisor of Utility Services