Fire Ban Status
LETHBRIDGE COUNTY - NO FIRE BAN in effect as of May 16, 2016.
Lethbridge County has lifted the Fire Ban imposed on May 6, 2016.
Fire Permits are again being issued from our Lethbridge and Picture Butte Offices.
Check Alberta Firebans website (https://albertafirebans.ca) or the Lethbridge County website daily for any Fire Ban updates.
The County thanks citizens for their cooperation.
Functions & Links
- Emergency Services Department Overview
- Ambulance Services
- Dog Control Regulations & Report a Problem Form
- Emergency Services Billing
- Emergency Service Zones
- Fire Bans - The Science Behind Fire Bans
- Fire Permits
- Fire & Smoke Regulations & Report a Problem Form
- Joint Chiefs Committee (JCC)
- Regulatory Services
- Rural Living
- Commissioned Study on the Regionalization of Emergency Services & Emergency Management
Provide for the rescue and protection of people and property within the County through effective and efficient management and coordination of emergency service systems and resources.
Coordinate County emergency service systems in areas of mitigation, prevention, response and recovery.
Foster cooperation and regionalization of the County's emergency management systems and resources.
The Emergency Services Department is organized into five Management Divisions:
- Disaster Services
- Emergency Services
- Programs and Special Projects
- Fire Prevention, Investigation and Inspection
Dial 911 for Ambulance - Fire - Police
The County contracts the City of Lethbridge Public Safety Communications Centre for 911 dispatch services.
911 calls are routed through the Telus 911 network.
- Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- Alberta Fire Chiefs Association
- Alberta Health Services
- Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
- Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre
- City of Lethbridge Fire and EMS
- Coaldale and District Emergency Services
- Coalhurst Fire Department
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Nobleford and District Emergency Services
- Picture Butte and District Emergency Services
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- World Health Organization
If you would like more information regarding Emergency Services for the County, please contact:
Emergency Services Coordinator