Proposed Changes to Lethbridge County/Coaldale Intermunicipal Development Plan
Lethbridge County and the Town of Coaldale are proposing to amend the current Intermunicipal Development Plan which was adopted by both municipalities in 2010. The amendments address the following:
- Changes to the municipal boundaries due to the approved Annexation by the Town of Coaldale that came into effect on April 1, 2018.
- Addition of a future non-residential area within Lethbridge County along Highway 3 west of the Town Boundary, as per the Memorandum of Agreement between the Town of Coaldale and Lethbridge County.
- Ensure the Intermunicipal Development Plan complies with the South Saskatchewan Regional Plan, modernized Municipal Government Act, and updated Subdivision and Development Regulations.
- Update Lethbridge County’s name (changed from County of Lethbridge to Lethbridge County on December 4, 2013).
- Update referral policies to provide consistency regarding intermunicipal referrals in Lethbridge County throughout the region.
Information on the Annexation can also be found on the Town’s website at www.coaldale.ca/annexation.
Click on the link to view the proposed amendments: Lethbridge County/Town of Coaldale Intermunicipal Development Plan- Proposed Amendments- May 2020