CUPE External Job Posting- 2019 Casual Municipal Services positions
Lethbridge County is still accepting applications for the 2019 season. Positions may be available in Public Works or Agriculture Services, working out of our Picture Butte Shop. We are looking for people that will be available to start in July for full time hours through August or October, depending on the position.
Applicants from this competition will remain on file and will be used to fill vacancies that arise for the 2019 season.
2019 Casual Public Works/ Agriculture Services Positions
Competition #: CAS-2019-02
Department: Public Works/ Agriculture Services
Pay Class: 2019 CUPE Contract Class 1 – 3 ranging between $18.37-$28.93/ hour depending on position and qualifications.
Reports To: Department Supervisor, Foremen or Lead Hands.
1. Must have a minimum Class 5 Driver’s License in good standing. A Class 3 Driver’s License with Q or Class 1 may be required depending on positions available. Please provide a 5 year driver’s abstract with your application.
2. Minimum grade 12 High School Education or GED (General Education Diploma) or equivalent.
3. Must have experience and knowledge in the operation of various light equipment including hand and power tools.
4. For Public Works- preference may be given to candidates with experience in Road or General Construction, Gravelling, Oiling, Patching, Bridge Repair and Dust Control Programs as well as other various projects within the Department.
5. For Agriculture Services- preference may be given to candidates with experience in tractor operation, mowing experience and agriculture or farm equipment maintenance and repairs. These positions can be a great fit for students or semi-retired farmers.
6. Previous experience in equipment operation through farming or construction.
7. Candidate must be physically fit, work independently and be a self-starter.
8. Flagging and additional safety training would be an asset.
9. Able to establish and maintain a good working relationship with other staff members, supervisors and the general public.
10. Able to recognize, rectify and/or report upon actual or potential safety hazards.
Duties may include:
1. Be able to work with the Construction, Gravelling and Oiling Crews assisting with setting up signs, applying water for dust control and compaction on construction projects.
2. Perform manual labour and assist on various County projects ranging from crack filling and dust control to yard cleanup.
3. Operate various equipment as trained and required.
4. Assist back hoe, hi hoe and sign truck operators in set up and job duties as required.
5. Work as a water truck driver on local road construction projects as well as other various projects in the Municipal Services Department.
6. Work in our Agriculture Department involving: mowers, park maintenance and sprinkler repair. Operate weed sprayers (3/4 ton truck, ATV, backpack) operate the 3 ton spray boom truck tractors or additional equipment that includes but is not limited to tractors, 15 foot pull type mowers, 3pt. type equipment such as mowers and seeders.
7. Operate equipment that includes, but is not limited to, power tools, weed whips, ATV, and hand tools.
8. Traffic control and flagging duties for construction or worksites.
9. Conduct daily inspections and provide basic daily maintenance on equipment.
10. Provide accurate record keeping on daily records, reports and timesheets
11. Active participation in Lethbridge County’s Health and Safety program.
12. Various other duties as assigned.
1. This position will work 9-hour days Monday through Thursday (7am-4:30pm) and 8-hours on Friday (7am-3:30pm) out of the Picture Butte Shop. Positions may be subject to overtime in order to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
If you are interested in a position for 2019 season, please apply by sending your 5-year drivers abstract, cover letter and resume to Human Resources. Applications can be submitted by email or in person at the Picture Butte Shop or Lethbridge office.
Lethbridge County, Human Resources
#100, 905 - 4th Avenue South, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4E4
Please submit digital applications by email in PDF format.
Lethbridge County thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click the link to view the posting: CUPE External Job Posting- 2019 Casual Municipal Services positions