Notice of Public Open House: Draft of Lethbridge County-Picture Butte IDP
NOTICE OF PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE
PRESENTATION OF DRAFT LETHBRIDGE COUNTY & PICTURE BUTTE INTERMUNICIPAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 23, 2017
Picture Butte Community Centre
607 - Highway Avenue, Picture Butte
Lethbridge County and the Town of Picture Butte are holding an open house to share and obtain public input on the jointly prepared Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP). An IDP is a joint municipal planning document which is intended to:
• foster on-going cooperation and coordination between the two municipalities within a defined planning area (i.e. town fringe for approximately 1-mile) regarding land use, transportation (roads), servicing and utilities, for example;
• establish a framework for subdivision and development referrals within the plan area;
• identify suitable areas to guide various types of land uses, such as commercial/industrial;
• address conflict resolution mechanisms for the two municipalities; and,
• provide policies to guide future subdivision and development potential, parcel rezonings, annexations, and other matters of joint planning interest within the plan area.
Maps and plan highlights will be on display and County and Town IDP Committee members, municipal staff and planning advisors will be in attendance to explain the plan and gather public feedback on the proposal. The open house is being hosted as a drop-in format so please feel free to arrive and leave at any time between 5:00 and 7:00 pm that suits your schedule.
A copy of the draft IDP will be made available starting January 3 at the County and Town offices during normal business hours and on-line to view or download at www.orrsc.com.
For additional information, please contact Senior Planning advisor Steve Harty at the Oldman River Regional Services Commission: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: 403-329-1344 or municipal representatives: